A cookie is a small file, typically of letters and numbers, downloaded on to a device when the user accesses certain websites. Cookies allow a website to recognise a user’s device and track users as they navigate different pages on a website and to identify users returning to a website. Cookies do not contain any information that personally identifies you, but personal information that we store about you may be linked, by us, to the information stored in and obtained from cookies. Cookies help OneSight EssilorLuxottica Foundation to supply the service according to the objectives described hereafter. Furthermore, installation of Cookies may require the consent of the User.
For more information see: http://allaboutcookies.org
SESSION AND PERSISTENT COOKIES
Cookies can expire at the end of a browser session (from when a user opens the browser window to when they exit the browser) or they can be stored for longer.
- Session cookies – allow websites to link the actions of a user during a browser session. These session cookies expire after a browser session so would not be stored longer term. For this reason session cookies may be considered less privacy intrusive than persistent cookies.
- Persistent cookies – are stored on a users’ device in between browser sessions which allows the preferences or actions of the user across a site (or in some cases across different websites) to be remembered.
FIRST AND THIRD PARTY COOKIES
Whether a cookie is ‘first’ or ‘third’ party refers to the website or domain placing the cookie.
- First party cookies in basic terms are cookies set by a website visited by the user / the website displayed in the URL window.
- Third party cookies are cookies that are set by a domain other than the one being visited by the user. If a user visits a website and a separate company sets a cookie through that website this would be a third party cookie.
ACTIVITIES STRICTLY NECESSARY FOR OPERATION
STORAGE ACTIVITIES OF PREFERENCES, OPTIMISATION AND STATISTICS
OTHER TYPES OF COOKIES OR THIRDPARTY TOOLS THAT MAY BE USED
Some of the services listed here below may not require the consent of the User or may be handled directly by OneSight EssilorLuxottica Foundation - according to the description provided - without the assistance of third parties.
HOSTING AND BACKEND INFRASTRUCTURE
The objective of these services is to host data and files that allow this site to operate, allowing for distribution and providing a ready-to-use infrastructure in order to distribute specific functionalities of this site. Some of these services work through servers distributed geographically, making it difficult to establish the real position in which Personal Data is stored.
INTERACTION WITH SOCIAL NETWORKS AND EXTERNAL PLATFORMS
These services allow for interaction to be carried out with social networks or with other external platforms, directly from the pages of this site.
The interactions and information acquired by this site are always subject to privacy settings of the User related to every social network.
If an interaction service with social networks is installed, even if the Users do not use the service, it may still collect traffic details related to the pages in which it is installed.
The services contained in this section allow OneSight EssilorLuxottica Foundation to monitor and analyse all traffic data and are used to trace User behaviour.
GOOGLE ANALYTICS (GOOGLE INC.)
Google Analytics is a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. ("Google"). Google uses the Personal Data collected with the objective of tracing and examining the use of this Application, drawing up reports and sharing them with other services developed by Google.
Google may use Personal Data to contextualise and personalise the messages of its advertising network.
Personal data collected: Cookies and Data for use
- _ga: Analytic cookie used to distinguish unique users by assigning a randomly generated number as a client identifier. It is included in each page request in a site and used to calculate visitor, session and campaign data for the sites analytics reports. It expires after 13 months
- _gid: Performance cookie that stores and updates a unique value for each page visited.
- _gat: Performance cookie that expires every 10 minutes
HOW CAN I CHECK THE INSTALLATION OF A COOKIE?
The majority of browsers are configured to accept, control or potentially disable cookies through the settings. We nevertheless remind you that disabling navigation or functional cookies may affect the functioning of the website and/or limit the service we offer.
Below is the procedure to follow to manage cookies from the following browsers:
For more information on cookies and to manage your preferences for third party profiling cookies, please go to http://www.youronlinechoices.com. By using this service it is possible to handle preferences related to tracing of the majority of advertisements. The Holder, therefore, recommends that Users use this resource in addition to the information provided by this document.
Holder of the Data Handling is OneSight EssilorLuxottica Foundation.
This website belongs to and is handled by OneSight EssilorLuxottica Foundation.
If you have any questions about our cookies or this cookies policy, please contact us by filling in the form.